“Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.”-Prov. 24:11
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” "-Isaiah 41:10
- 1 in 3 college students struggle with alcohol and drug abuse (4 years ago it was 1 in 4)
- On average $1500/year per student is spent on alcohol (4 years ago it was $900)
- 1 in 3 students struggle with Depression (4 years ago it was 1 in 4)
- Suicide is the # 2 cause of death for 18-24 year olds ( 4 years ago it was #3)
- Almost 60% of all college students will walk away from their faith
The stats above are disturbing and concerning as they point to a growing problem in our culture and college campuses. We need a Savior! The task of bringing Jesus to an increasingly dark and hostile environment seems daunting and maybe even impossible. However, the Lord reminds me of Isaiah 41:10 quoted above. As I look at UNC I see His hand at work! We have 18 Bible Studies on campus and are still growing. Several students who do not know the Lord are a part of our ministry and are encountering Him daily and moving closer and closer to Him. I look at my mailing list and see so many wonderful friends giving to us and praying for us, and that gives me so much encouragement. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generosity and your prayers! Mandy and I could not do this without you and we mean it sincerely. Thank you! Will you pray that the above stats would be what drives students to the cross? Will you pray that our students will continue to share with their friends boldly and that the Lord will open their eyes to Him? We love all of you and are grateful for all of you!